20julAll DayAppathon 2016by UniCredit
Online Appathon – A global competition for financial technology developers and start-ups by UniCredit and the Open Bank Project General: The 2016 Appathon is driven by the Open Bank Project
Online Appathon – A global competition for financial technology developers and start-ups by UniCredit and the Open Bank Project
The 2016 Appathon is driven by the Open Bank Project API (Application Programming Interface), developed by the Berlin-based TESOBE Ltd/Open Bank Project. Simon Redfern, CEO of TESOBE Ltd/Open Bank Project, notes: “an API enables innovation to happen in faster and unexpected ways. Innovative developers and entrepreneurs can quickly imagine, design and code ‘out of the box’ solutions, using the rock-solid, secure services provided by the UniCredit bank. This allows the bank to more quickly understand and integrate innovations for the benefit of their customers. We are thrilled to be working with Unicredit, a banking group that is clearly serious about partnering with outside start-ups and innovators across the globe.”
The Appathon will be run in a controlled environment (‘sandbox’) using test data emulating real-life situations. In addition to the professional collaboration package worth €50,000 for the winning team, participants can win additional prizes and bonus gifts
Participants will face challenges on the themes of:
- Moment-Based Insight
- Digital Wallet 2.0Winning apps will be concrete ideas and proposals aligned with the business needs of the UniCredit Group. Successful entries will be suitable for immediate development and integration with UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions, the global service company of the Group.
For a more in depth description – UniCredit-Appathon-TESOBE-PR
- 1st ranked: a professional collaboration package worth €50,000 with UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions;
- 2nd ranked: Innovation Prize: 2 tickets to attend Finovate London
- 3rd ranked: Tech Prize: 1 Virtual Reality Headset
- Attendees prize: €50 of bitcoin per person In addition, travel and subsistence costs related to demo day of July 20th (up to €1K per team) will be covered.
Where & When:
The Appathon by UniCredit will be held in Milan on July 20th, 2016. The competition will be opened on 13th June, and closing date for entries is 13th July.
Registration – enter the competition online!
TESOBE Ltd/Open Bank Project: The Open Bank Project is an open source API and App Store for banks which empowers financial institutions to securely and rapidly enhance their digital offerings using an ecosystem of 3rd party applications and services. More: https://openbankproject.com/
We will invite the 10 top projects to an exclusive Demo Day in Milan on July 20th 2016 to present their innovations to senior UniCredit Group executives in competition for the first prize
Step 1: competition opens June 13th 2016
- apply today with your idea!
- shortlisted projects will be announced weekly, until entry closes on July 13th;
- use the API Sandbox to connect your app;
- upload a short video to YouTube or Vimeo;
- NB: shortlisted applicants are eligible for a travel/accommodation refund of up to €1k per team (payable within 4 weeks of competition closure).
Step 2: competition closes July 13th 2016
- all finalists announced by July 14th;
- technical webinar on how to use the Sandbox on July 15th.
Step 3: Demo Day in Milan – July 20th 2016
- what: shortlisted teams showcase their project/s to UniCredit Group senior management;
- when: 08.00 to 17.00 on July 20th;
- where: UniCredit Tower Hall, Milan, Italy.
Step 4: same day announcement of winners!
- €50K professional cooperation with UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions!
- innovation prize!
- tech prize!
All Day (Wednesday) CET