Silicon Valley Meets Switzerland
31marAll DaySilicon Valley Meets Switzerlandmost successful minds
The Silicon Valley meets Switzerland event masterfully combines the talent and expertise of entrepreneurs and business managers from Silicon
The Silicon Valley meets Switzerland event masterfully combines the talent and expertise of entrepreneurs and business managers from Silicon Valley and Switzerland.
Leading Silicon Valley startups present latest IT trends and its impact on businesses and consumers. From Switzerland the most promising IT startups and internationally successful IT companies and entrepreneurs will be present.
In panel discussions and live interviews chaIlenges in IT innovation, investments and international expansion will be addressed.
The event is an ideal platform to share ideas and build strategic alliances and collaboration between individuals and organisations alike.
PANELS & PROGRAM DETAILS
The World of Robotics – Made in Switzerland
– organized by Prof. Dr. Roland Siegwart, ETH Zürich
Switzerland has the highest number of citations per robotics paper and probably the highest per capita density of robotics researcher and robotics startup companies. It is therefore not surprising that many of our young talents educated at ETH are highly solicited by global companies like Google, Apple or Amazon.
Robot Innovation in Switzerland, Roland Siegwart, ETH Zurich
Robotics live demos:
- Zurich Eye – the ultimate visual inertial navigation system by Manuel Werlberger, Wyss Zurich
- wingtra – autonomous tail-sitter aircraft for commercial applications by Basil Weibel, wingtra
- Skye – the eye in the sky by Matthias Krebs, Skye
- ANYmotion – advanced robot mobility by Marco Hutter/Hanspeter Fässler, Anybotix
- AEON Phocus – ultimate control over ablation catheters Brad Nelson, aeon scientific
The Swiss FinTech Innovations
– organized by Christian König, Fintechnews.ch
After years of waiting Switzerland is catching up fast in Fintech and Finance Innovation. Some newspapers already speak about a Fintech Bubble. But do we really have a bubble or is this new digital finance shift only the beginning for a new area? And which Fintechs or which Technologies will disrupt banking and insurance? Meet some of the leading Fintechs startups and players live on stage.
Fintech in Switzerland; What is Hot?, Christian König, Finanzpro GmbH
- Splendit – Financing Students 2.0, Florian Kübler, Founder Splendit
- WB21 – International Money Transfer Reinvented, Michael Gastauer, Gastauer Family Office
- UBS in Level 39 – Blockchain will change Banking, Alex Batlin, UBS’s FinTech Innovation Lab
- Knip – Insurance 2.0, Dennis Just, CEO and Founder Knip
Panel Discussion: IT Innovations in Switzerland
– moderated by Sven Millischer, Co-head Companies & Politics, Handelszeitung
- Dr. Thomas Dübendorfer, President Swiss ICT Investor Club
- Christoph Hugenschmidt, Redaktor / Partner inside-it
All Day (Thursday) MESZ