Money on Blockchain: Euro, Libra, Custody
03sep13:3020:00Money on Blockchain: Euro, Libra, CustodyFrankfurt School Blockchain Center
What will be the basis for digital transformation
What will be the basis for digital transformation in the financial sector but also in other industries? The answer is money on blockchain.
About this Event
Money on blockchain: This can include already existing currencies, or newly developed ones such as Libra. This topic became even more present after Facebook’s announcement to develop and implement an own digital currency called Libra.
For us, the future is now. At this event we have several companies presenting this hot topic and themselves in Frankfurt:
Stasis, a leading Euro tokenization approach; Tangany, a company providing wallet solutions to custody digital assets; d-fine, d-fine enabling pioneering companies to design, build and ship blockchain based solutions; Fieldfisher LLP, a leading law firm for blockchain issues; finbc, a provider of invoicing and payment services, and Cash on Ledger, a company offering Euro on blockchain and Euro-denoted smart contracts.
In the light of these developments, this conference aims to the future of money once it is running on blockchain based systems. The conference covers the challenges arising from a digitized financial system and the opportunities arising from smart contracts denoted in Euro. This also includes entirely new business models in the area of Industrie 4.0, mobility, logistics that will all require the Euro to be used in automated business models – employing smart contracts in Euro notation.
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
- Gustav Arentoft, MakerDAO
- Martin Kreitmair, Tangany
- Gregory Klumov, Stasis
- Dr. Thorsten Voss, Fieldfisher LLP
- Stefan Grimm, finbc
- Serkan Katilmis, Cash on Ledger
- Matthias Hirtschulz, d-fine
In the last three years, the blockchain and especially the crypto assets ecosystem acted like a roller-coaster. At first, there was a massive rise with a lot of new projects coming up picking up terms like “blockchain” and “ICOs” to get attention. Along with the subsequent downfall, a lot of dubious projects went away.
Now in the year 2019 there are several new projects, with Libra being the most famous one. These might be another approach to revolutionizing the financial system as we know it today. The next big step will be running the Euro and other traditional currencies on blockchain-based systems such that smart contracts can be denoted in Euro. This will be required for new business models on the horizon – in logistics, Industrie 4.0, and mobility.
The subject of this conference are opportunities and risks arising from the newly emerging companies around the topic „Money on Blockchain“. We present and discuss the challenges arising from a digitized financial system and the opportunities arising from new business models.
Following questions will be answered:
- How important will cryptocurrencies, tokens and money on ledger be in the future?
- Will money-on-ledger or Euro-on-blockchain disrupt financial business models?
- Will entirely new business models be enabled through money on blockchain?
- Which blockchain startups should be watched?
- How can custody of such digital assets be organized? And what are legal perspectives on this?
LOCATION AND DATE
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Room: Audimax
Date: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 13h30 – 21h00 with a networking and drinks afterwards
Registration required via Eventbrite; maximum number of participants: 300
TICKETS AND REGISTRATION
This conference is free of charge. Registration required using Eventbrite.
13:30 Introductory words and daily program
13:40 Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
14:05 Martin Kreitmair, Tangany
14:30 Gustav Arentoft, MakerDAO
14:55 Coffee break
15:15 Dr. Thorsten Voss, Fieldfisher LLP
15:40 Stefan Grimm, finbc
16:05 Serkan Katilmis, Cash on Ledger
16:30 Matthias Hirtschulz, d-fine
16:55 Networking and drinks
THIS CONFERENCE IS IDEAL FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE
Blockchain technology has the potential to fundamentally alter the way business processes are conducted across a multitude of industries around the globe. So far, banks and FinTechs are the biggest sectors affected by blockchain technology and crypto currencies in specific. However, it is also necessary to understand how the blockchain technology will change other relevant sectors such as the IoT, mobility, and energy sector, and thus improving our daily lives. It is believed that current profit pools will be disrupted and redistributed toward the owners of new, highly efficient blockchain platforms. Therefore, understanding the fundamental concepts and the implications of this technology is essential not just for decision-makers in banks and industries, but for everyone.
We think the event is best suited for:
- Investors interested in the cryptocurrency-market
- Employees and decision makers from the financial sector interested in blockchain technology
- Employees and decision makers from the industry interested in blockchain technology
- Developers and architects from central banks and regulators as well as IoT companies
- Analysts confronted with the application of these technologies
- Startup founders and startup enthusiasts interested in blockchain technology
- Consultants and lawyers interested in the implications of blockchain technology
- People who are interested in alternative ways of digital fundraising
Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
Phone: +49 69 154 008-790
(Tuesday) 13:30 - 20:00 CEST