The CV Lab Switzerland is proud to announce the publication of our CV VC Top 50 Report 2022, published in collaboration with Bank Frick.
It’s no secret that 2022 was a tough year for the global blockchain ecosystem. Our key data numerically illustrates how some consequences were felt in Crypto Valley. However, the data also highlights that Crypto Valley is steady, mature & balanced.
Some of the key report insights
- The valuation of the Top 50 entities was $185B at year end 2022.
- Commercial blockchain companies in Crypto Valley have defied typical industry trends, with an impressive 55% growth in market valuations.
- There are 9 unicorns in Crypto Valley, of which 7 are blockchain platforms and 2 are commercial companies. This is the first time that commercial blockchain companies have joined the unicorn herd.
- The number of companies in Crypto Valley is steady at 1135. There were 190 new firms registered, and 183 ceased.
- The Top 50 entities for 2022 increased funding by 2.7%, reaching $3.2B.
Due to repeated scandals in 2021-2022, the regulatory framework globally is evolving in terms of assets recorded on distributed ledgers. However, in Crypto Valley, regulatory bodies have always benefited from a reputation for dynamism, liberalism, knowledge and precision. This is one of the reasons why Crypto Valley (home to Ethereum) is one of the most mature blockchain hubs in the world.
The report provides data and takes a deep dive into the following topics:
👉 A brief history of Crypto Valley
👉 A global picture of blockchain in 2022 – as seen from Crypto Valley
👉 Crypto Markets
👉 Overview of valuation and funding in Crypto Valley
👉 The Regulatory Environment in Crypto Valley
👉DeFi in 2022 and demystifying the DeFi landscape