Kraken is expanding its on-chain staking services to include support for Polkadot (DOT) and Cosmos (ATOM). Starting August 18, this means clients can earn an annual return of 12% staking Polkadot and 7% staking Cosmos directly through their Kraken accounts.
Kraken launched its best-in-class staking service in December 2019, offering a 6% return for staking Tezos. With the addition of Polkadot and Cosmos, Kraken’s offering has grown to six assets, with more coming soon.
Key Advantages to Staking with Kraken:
- Start earning rewards on DOT or ATOM instantly, with no waiting or lockup periods
- Enjoy one of the highest returns in the industry (12% for DOT and 7% for ATOM)
- Receive payouts on a regular schedule, twice every week
- Quickly exit from your staking position if you want to trade or withdraw by transferring tokens from your Staking Wallet back to your Spot Wallet
- Available for Starter, Intermediate and Pro account tiers
To learn more about staking and how you can get started with Polkadot or Cosmos, see Kraken blog post.